Monday, February 1, 2010

I may be crazy...but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for

Here's basically the conversation I had with myself when I saw these shoes for Baby Bear:
Photobucket
Adorable! $2! Impractical! $2! I know, right???
So we had a function on Sunday,and Saturday night while picking outfits I was dying for her to wear the shoes. Nothing she had matched them (surprise surprise, I know)
That's when the craziness took over...
I figured, hey--I could totally whip up a skirt in no time. But she had no plain black/white/pink shirt. So if you're making a skirt, why not just make a dress and save yourself the trouble of finding a shirt? When its 8 pm and you've decided to sew for the next morning's affair?
Okay, for the record, I had a backup dress.
And I set some ground rules for myself--the instant I hit a snag, I would stop. I would save it for another occasion, and use the "backup dress".
Also, I was not leaving the house--it was all from my stash. The black I've had, the ribbon I've had, the b&w print was scraps from a dress I'd just finished cutting out for the biggest googie, GFG. I used the backup dress as a pattern. I snagged a hot pink diaper cover from another dress.
2 hours folks.
Presenting: the 2 hour dress with the $2 shoes. I may trademark that name.
Photobucket
Worth it, right?

And yes, this is truly the BEST picture I could get of her in it. This blogging thang is new to me, and I'm learning as I go. Rule #1 I learned this morning? Don't expect cute pics of baby in outfit 1/2 hr after she should have been down for a nap and instead of putting said child down for nap you are busy "personalizing" your new "blog". Ahem.
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. you are SO talented! this is brilliant. and see, you've been a lunatic from the start... i love that consistency about your blog voice ;)

    really cute. really funny! thanks for sharing googs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soooo cute and those shoes are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Ana's Archive Dive
    ...such a cutie and yay you, that dress is amazing! and perfect with those darling shoes too
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. she looks so cute and chic, even sleep-deprived :)
    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have to look and say "which came first--the dress or the shoes", like the chicken or the egg thing, adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from Ana's Archive Dive and I'm glad I did. I've absolutely never had those conversations with myself. Really. Never. ;) Sweet outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an amazing outfit for $2 and 2 hours! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails